If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Note to International Users
Your personal information may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, in which we operate, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of personal information may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
A Note About Children
The Applications are designed for the whole family, including young children under parent supervision. The Site is just for parents. We share your concern for the privacy of children and do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information about children through the Applications. We do use third party analytics services that collect anonymous information about usage of our Services.
What Information Do We Collect?
Before we get started, it may be helpful to define some terms. There are two types of information that may be collected. The first one is called “Personal Information”, which is personally identifiable information that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing Information. IntellectoKids does not collect personal information of your children in any of its apps. However, IntellectoKids may collect personal information that parents voluntarily provide on the Site or through the Parent section of our Applications.
“Anonymous Information” means Information that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Information and does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. Anonymous Information doesn’t directly identify an individual or may have been personal information but has had the personally identifiable information removed. IntellectoKids may collect Anonymous Information about the use of the Site and Applications to help us improve our services.
Information You Provide Us
We collect information you directly give us on our Site. Such information may include your email address and name (screen or nickname), when a parent subscribes to a newsletter or alert, submits content to a forum or blog, or requests technical support.
We also collect information you provide us through the Parent section of our Applications. Such information may include:
- profile information such as your name (screen or nickname) and email address;
- login credentials to your social network accounts, such as Facebook, Google or Twitter, if you choose to connect those accounts with your IntellectoKids account;
- name, gender, as well as year and month of birth of your children.
To be clear, the Parent section within the Application may allow you to set up accounts – both accounts for children that allow a child to play the game and for parents that, among other things, may contain a dashboard that may allow you, the parent or other adult to monitor a child’s use of the Application. When creating accounts for you or your child, you may use real names or aliases, as you think appropriate. All names remain on the Application and are not transmitted or made available to us, unless you make such information available to us, for example, as part of our support services. In order to improve our services, we may, however, collect aggregated data on children’s gender and year and month of birth. We do not store this information together with any name or email, neither it contains an exact date of birth, so it is not personally identifiable.
Information Collected Automatically
To help us provide you with the best services, we may also automatically collect certain information when you use our Services, such as:
- profile information (such as your name, picture, email address as well as certain non-identifying information, like your gender, birthday and zip code) stored at your social network accounts, such as Facebook, Google or Twitter, if you choose to connect those accounts with your IntellectoKids account;
- information on our server logs from your browser or mobile platform, including your web request, location, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, a device identifier (but not the UDID), MAC address, the browser type, the operating system, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Services, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, the language and keyboard settings, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. Use of this information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Services.
- analytics information that we may collect using third-party analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, Unity Analytics, Crashlytics, UXCam, Unity Analytics and Appsee Mobile Analytics, to collect information about how you use and interact with our Site and Applications, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Services. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Services, including the web pages you visit, type of device, unique device identifier, IP address, mobile phone carrier, game progress, duration of play, location by city or region, engagement with our Services’ features and other information that assists us in improving the Services. We may collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual user. For more information about how these services use this information, please refer to their privacy policies made available on their websites.
Note that this automatically collected information is for internal use only and can’t be shared. It’s just for us to help us improve our services for you.
How Do We Use The Collected Information?
As you can see, we collect minimal Personal Information from parents who wish to provide it, and some Anonymous Information for internal use only or in conjunction with third parties to help us operate, analyze, and improve our sites and services.
We use the information collected for the purposes described below:
- to respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, requests and complaints and to provide you with customer service;
- to send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of our services, and our administration and operation thereof; to diagnose or fix technology problems; note that you may not opt out of Services-related emails;
- to communicate about blog posts, promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners; note that you may elect not to receive this information at any time by notifying us at email@example.com;
- to provide you with an access your account, our services (including premium features) or information you request, and to process and complete any transactions (including purchase of the premium features);
- to remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Services;
- to send push notifications if consent to receive them has been given;
- to provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Services, and the usage of our Services (including total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns), to develop the functionality and introduce new products, features or content that match your profile or interests (including online ads and other forms of marketing);
- to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity;
- to provide aggregated and/or anonymized information to our partners for their own uses;
- for any other purpose expressly specified for which the information was collected.
What Information About You Do We Share With Third Parties?
We will not rent, sell or share the personal information we have collected from you with third parties outside IntellectoKids (or the group of companies of which IntellectoKids is or may become a part) without your consent, except as described below:
- with service providers who are working with us in connection with the operation of our Services (referred to below as “Service Providers”). These Service Providers have access to your personal information only to perform services on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose it or use it for any other purposes;
- we may share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you;
- we may share aggregated information and non-identifiable information with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other similar purposes;
- when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants or court orders;
- in case of an emergency, which includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
Parents may disclose information about themselves by posting in the public forums or blog on the Site. IntellectoKids is not responsible for what parents say and post in these sections. In addition to being collected, such information is made public for others to see. The parent is responsible for the disclosure of any such data in those forums.
We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information. We are not responsible for the actions of Service Providers or other third parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties.
Third Party Terms and Conditions and Links to Other Sites
A User’s access to and use of the Services may be subject to certain third party terms and conditions and privacy policies, including but not limited to application stores, mobile software platforms, on-line gaming platforms, social networking services and payment providers. IntellectoKids is not liable for any such third party terms and conditions and their use of Users’ personal data.
How Do We Store Your Information And What Steps Do We Take To Protect It?
Your information collected through the Services may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which IntellectoKids, its affiliates or Service Providers maintain facilities.
IntellectoKids, its affiliates, or Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse, and IntellectoKids cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to IntellectoKids or guarantee that information on the Services may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and IntellectoKids, at all times. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes the social media services you connect to IntellectoKids make to their services. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
Data retention and accuracy
Accessing and Modifying Your Information
If you have an account created through the Parent section of our Applications, you can access and modify the information you provided to us that is associated with your account. IntellectoKids keeps your content for as long as necessary in providing its Services. If you want to review or delete your information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also delete your account on IntellectoKids by contacting us at email@example.com. Remember that the account you delete will be lost forever. However, following termination of your account, IntellectoKids, its affiliates, or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
You may "opt out" of receiving marketing or promotional emails from us by changing your account preferences or by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out of these messages, you will still receive emails from us about your account, our services and other pertinent information related to our services. These communications are considered part of the service and your account, which you cannot opt-out from receiving.
How To Contact Us About A Deceased User?
In the event of the death of IntellectoKids’s user, please send us an email to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How To Contact Us
Notice to California Residents: